Re: Possible Gnome and E Bugs

On  9 Mar, mozart@windsor.igs.net scribbled:
->
->  Two Possible bugs here, One, When Running GMC under enlightenment, desktop
->  icons work very well for me when i have a desktop setup with a virtual size of
->  2x4, 2x6, etc, etc. But when I can it to 1x1, with 8 Desktops, the desktop
->  icons only work on desktop 1 :(((  Unfortunately i dont like using mutliple
->  desktops as it eats up lots of memory on my system due to background images,
->  etc.

gmc issue.
and 2.
you can use multiple desktops wiht the same image and it eats no mroe
memory than that one image. E knows how to share images across desktops.

->  The other bug is somewhat related to this weirndess. XFmail the emall program i
->  use in X works great, but after a while of use, soemthing strange happens. I
->  click on "write new email", nothing happens, or if i try "edit email", the edit
->  flag shows up on the marked message, but no new window pops up for me to edit
->  in. Here is the weirdness, I switch from using virtual desktops to multiple
->  desktops (or vice versa), and Voila, those windows magically appear. Is this an
->  XFMail bug (xforms maybe?) or is this an enlightenment bug ?

did you at any time accidentally or otherwise "snapshot:" (remeber" any
states of the windows (int he menu ont he top left button "Remeber
State"

then E will always put the windows where it remebers they were... you
can ask E to forget things about that window easily.. menu option there
too.

->  Are we still using the -r HEAD tags on gnome-libs and core since gnome-1.0
->  was released ?
->
->
->