_symbol poptHelpOptions not found error

First I have to say what I have got working is awsome.  The diskmounter
applet and the web applet that runs netscape when I type in a address
are so useful.  It shows web integration without having to embed it in
the OS.  It would be useful if I could embed some applets on the desktop

itself and does the java rmi to cobra bridge work?

Ok on with my problem.  I've gotten the panel to work but any other
prgram (gnome-session included) that uses libgnome just returns the
error _symbol poptHelpOptions not found.  At first I thought this had to

do with old libraries lying around but after three days of ravaging my
system, deleting files, unistalling packages, and reinstalling gnome
countless times I still get the same error.  I certantly think gnome is
a more useful package than KDE (Though I think KDE has a faster default
WM and has the edge when it comes to the overall feel -- I can't put my
finger on it but the gtk+ widget behavors seem a bit awkward sometimes)
and I would like to get it fully functional.  Any help would be great.
As soon as I get it up and working I want experiment with gnome
development.  Oh by the way I have the redhat 5.2 distribution.

John Palmieri
Martian Rock Interactive