Re: My first impression and goodbye

> > I guess I'll try kde next and see what the difference is.
>
> "If Netscape doesn't get it's act together, I'm switching to Explorer!"
> Been there, heard that, didn't give a crap about it before.

"You're a whiny newbie, I don't give a crap about you."
Been there, heard that, didn't like that attitude before.
Y'all are courting average users now, not technophilic teenagers
with the time and skills needed to track down why a program isn't
working.

> Threatening to switch doesn't make it work better, and posting helpful
> error messages, backtraces, etc. will definately get you farther than
> the incongruous bitching you did post.

I didn't see him threatening to switch ... he did say he'd try Gnome 2.0.
>From his perspective as an average user, Gnome just isn't usable.

He's absolutely correct that a 1.0 version of a program should be at
least functional.  Most new users will give up LONG before this guy did.

You gave him workarounds for his problems, but if Gnome is to work
for the average user it needs these problems to be fixed, and those
who try to call attention to these problems shouldn't be told to
keep quiet.