Re: Problems with running programs in the gnome environment

Hi,

[please refrain from using HTML mail]

 Norbert> The created executable works fine with enlightenment, or
 Norbert> any other window manager. But after I have started
 Norbert> "gnome-session" from a xterm, I get a SIGSEGV,
 Norbert> when I try to execute it. After I have logged out from
 Norbert> gnome, it works fine again.

This reeks of SM problems. Try unsetting SESSION_MANAGER before
starting asedit, and see if that works. If it does, some bad
interaction is taking place between the gnome-session manager and
asedit. It could be an error on both sides, but asedit definitely
should not crash, even when presented with bogus data.

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>