Re: esound API

Hi,

>>>>> On Thu, 4 Mar 1999 19:35:37 -0800 (PST)
>>>>> Michal Palczewski <mpalczew@w-link.net> said:

 Michal> I'm trying to port synasthaesthasia to work with esound among
 Michal> other projects I want to port.

Nice to hear that. Keep us informed.

 Michal> I have succeded with synaesthasia except for a minor point.
 Michal> When I try to open a esd_record_stream (so that I can read
 Michal> from the dsp and get the cd output) it messes up any other
 Michal> sounds that are being played.

Shouldn't you use `esd_monitor_stream' instead? This should keep all
playing intact. For an example that does similar things look at extace
in gnome-media.

        Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>