Re: A stupid question (or two)

In message <2.2.32.19990306131202.00ed60c0@roc.hippogriff.com>, Jeff Grammer wr
ites:
+-----
| For example, I've been thinking for quite some time about my own NEW type of
| GUI.  Something that is modeled after the "look, feel and ease of use" of
| cable-tv, instead of computers.  Whether this would work or not, I have no
+--->8

Remember Microsoft BOB?  How about GE's old X10 home automation console
(resold by Radio Shack for a while; I still have one in storage)?

It's been done.  Nobody wanted it.  The "tired old interface" gets users.
End of story.

(If you think you can be more successful than GE or Microsoft at marketing
such an interface to potential users, by all means go right ahead.)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu