Re: ORBit and ANSI C disaster

Martin von Loewis wrote:

> Yes, this is a well-known problem of GNOME in general, and ORBit in
> particular. Development is primarily on Linux, so things are likely to
> break on other systems, or with other compilers.

gcc -Wall -pedantic -Wconversion -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
    -Wpointer-arith -Werror will do wonders, I assure you.

Besides, don't you people have lint?

> It would take a permanent effort to keep it portable. It all depends
> on the volunteers working on it :-)

It's not a problem to port something to a different platform, but porting
to ANSI C is... insane.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.