Language Support

Greetings,

    What languages does GNOME support at the moment ? That is, what languages has it been translated to ? Is it possible to translate GNOME to a double-byte language ( Japanese ) ?

    Since GNOME is based on GTK I presume that it will not support double-byte until GTK does ? I noticed a move to UNICODE was on Rasterman's project list ... is anyone else working on this and / or where can one find more information ?

]{ristoph