problems (differences between 0.99.8 & 1.0)

0.99.8 came with some things set up by default for you, (ie netscrape in the
panel, and econf showed up in control-panel)

I had set this up to work as I liked, and then upgraded to 1.0, what then
happened is that my desktop settings I had set up dissappeared, and econf no
longer works via control panel - any ideas?
--
                 **** not related to above message ****
If a man makes a statement in the forest and there isn't a women around to