Re: Did GNOME go 1.0 too early?

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999 bratsche@dfw.net wrote:

> I think it's undoubtedly the RPM files. Are you building SRPM files or
> installing binary ones? I'm not familiar with SuSE's RPM setup, but I'm
> not quite sure what they would have done to make the files so different
> from Red Hat's setup. Try building from SRPM, and if that fails then you
> should be able to build from source distribution with no problems.

Well, the problem is not so much that they name the packages differently
and package things  maybe differently (which could result in failed deps),
but the problem seems to be that they install stuff into different
directories. (At least nowadays they use libc6).

The Binary RPMs from RH 5.2 work, but it's a hassle to get them to that
point. I have the CVS code now, but imlib doesn't like me.

----
 "When one entertains female friends, one should try not to
  look quite as seedy as certain unnamed parties habitually do."
                     --- Calvin & Hobbes: "It's a Magical World"