Dependancies

I'd like to ask a simple question (and probably get a complicated answer :)
I'm new; hang with me here:

I have the latest build/release of Gnome now (after nuking drive and
starting over from scratch) and I am running enlightenment.

Every time I go to install an .rpm (while root) I get fail dependencies
every, single time.
For example, I was trying to get an ICQ clone running on my box.

I rpm -Uvh libicq*.rpm and all went fine. But, when I go to rpm -Uvh
gicq*.rpm I get this:

[root@localhost]# rpm -Uvh gicq*.rpm
failed dependencies:
       libgnome.so.31 is needed buy gicq-0.32-1-gtk
       libgnomeui.so.31 is needed buy gicq-0.32-1-gtk
[root@localhost]#

Thanks for any help in explaining this to me :)

Brian