Getting a PPP Connection

Hello all! I'm new to the list, so greetings :)

I've just installed Redhat 6.0 and I'm running Gnome--as you probably
guessed. I've gone through 3 different HOWTOs and FAQs about setting up PPP
and I finally got my Linux box connected to the internet. Only one problem:

The PPP applet does not start my PPP connection. The only way that I have
discovered to get a PPP connection going in Gnome is to pull up Linuxconf
and click on the PPP option, select my PPP connection that I've setup and
then click connect. (I think this is really just for test purposes.)

Any help on how I can get a PPP connection running inside Gnome if the PPP
applet isn't doing the trick? (I assume I've missed something along the line
and the PPP applet isn't able to preform it's job.)

Thanks!
Wrath

FREE Email for ALL! Sign up at http://www.mail.com