Re: question about gnome look.

The panel on the head branch of gnome-core in CVS can be resized to 24,
48, 64 or 80 pixels high/wide.  If you really want a smaller panel, I
recommend using the latest CVS version.  I don't know about the icons
though.  Maybe you should submit a wishlist priority bug report to
submit@bugs.gnome.org for the mc package (see the bugs.gnome.org web page
for details on submission).

James.

--