Re: GNOME Summary, June 7-14

Tom> For this particular case, the xsm session manager already defines
Tom> an extension that can be used to do what you want.  I think we
Tom> ought to adopt the same convention.  This is already on the
Tom> gnome-session to-do list.

Tony> Are you referring to the _XC_RestartService set by the smproxy?
Tony> I tried adding that to the list of properties saved by gsm, and
Tony> it doesn't apprear to be set. Mind you, I have no real idea how
Tony> gsm and smproxy interact, so that may just be my ignorence, or
Tony> our version of smproxy doesn't act the same as the standard
Tony> (although the RestartService code is in there).

Yes, _XC_RestartService is what I am referring to.

Our smproxy is a mildly hacked version of the X smproxy.  Offhand I
couldn't say what is going on with your changes.

Tom> We could change libgnomeui to automatically set this property
Tom> when required.

Tony> Doesn't help non-gnome apps.

Nothing we do will help non-gnome apps.  If you extend the protocol,
you must change apps to use the extension.

Tom