Re: GNOME Summary, June 7-14

    Havoc> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 Tony.Lill@ajlc.waterloo.on.ca wrote:
    Havoc> doesn't involve changing it, or maybe add a KDE/Gnome
    Havoc> extension (we've already added "priorities" so apps can be
    Havoc> started in a certain order). If someone was serious about
    Havoc> making SM work well they'd probably maintain a joint
    Havoc> KDE/Gnome SM spec in addition to the gnome-session
    Havoc> implementation, to describe any changes.

That's ok for Gnome/KDE apps, but i do most of my work with Xemacs and
xterm, so I really need to do a more generic solution. Maybe I'll join
XFree86...

    Havoc> Perhaps the SM spec people expected clients to track this
    Havoc> info, and maybe register an rsh or ssh restart command if
    Havoc> necessary? This is just a guess.

I don't know. That would mean that the client would have to know it's
been started by a session manager or from an X term on another host,
and way too much about the users prefered way of starting remote/other
user apps.

--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill@AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571