Re: Can't connect to gnome-session

On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 03:05:12PM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:

> John> I'm trying to add session management to one of my apps, but I
> John> can't seem to get gnome-session working properly.  It seems to
> John> run okay, but nothing can connect to it.  When anything tries to
> John> connect, I get this message:
>
> John> ** CRITICAL **: file gsm-protocol.c: line 602 (gsm_protocol_new): assertion `GNOME_CLIENT_CONNECTED (gnome_client)' failed.
>
> I haven't seen this (but then I haven't rebuilt gsm in quite a while).
> I think your best bet is to try debugging it.

Have any suggestions on how/where to do this?  Would gdb be of any
use?  Or should I start inserting some handy g_print()'s?  Which
files/functions should I concentrate on?  Gnome-session, or GnomeClient,
or both?  Like I said, I'm at a loss of how to debug this.  Is there
a way I can find out which side of the connection is bunk?

Hmmm, I've run 'make install' quite a few times over the past year or
so....  Perhaps it's time to nuke my crusty old GNOME directory and
try things with a fresh install.  (c:

Thanks,
John