Re: GNOME Summary, June 7-14

On Sun, 20 Jun 1999 ajlill@ajlc.waterloo.on.ca wrote:

> That's ok for Gnome/KDE apps, but i do most of my work with Xemacs and
> xterm, so I really need to do a more generic solution. Maybe I'll join
> XFree86...

I think X.org is what you want - it's the standards body.

Unfortunately they seem a bit out of touch; they still seem to think CDE
and Motif are the wave of the future, and it's basically a bunch of
proprietary Unix vendors. Still, we'd like to trickle any specs we come up
with as far up the standards tree as possible (Gnome/KDE standard is good,
X-wide standard is better).

Havoc