Re: Writing Tool

Robin Miller <roblimo@home.com> writes:

| So give these writers something with a little pizazz.
| Something with Gnome's basic look and feel, and let's face
| it, we're all using Gnome because it looks mah-velous. Make
| the G-Writers Tool both prettier and BETTER than Word, and
| realize that "better" in this case may mean "easier to
| learn," not "more powerful."

The Writers you are talking about is that novelist or journalists?
Journalists don't need to do any layout, so a plain text-editor with
suited features would suffice. Novelist could use the same with some
more features. But if you are writing non-fiction you would perhaps
need to put in equations references etc... and then you must
use a typesetting language of sorts, must you?

I didn't follow the thread on Text processor, but which
writers are you talking about?

--
Preben Randhol             oO     "Don't think about domination,  think
[randhol@pvv.org]        .`  ;     about freedom, it doesn't dominate."