Re: Don't overlook Simplicity.

>| I see a great divide between "Teach them" and "Make it somewhat
>| easier".  I don't see how the two are different, if you look at the
>
>No it is not "Make it somewhat easier" it is "Make it too simple".

<Warning: I'm going to make enemies here>

Too simple? As in, keep it difficult and obscure, so that everyone who comes
to it has to struggle like we did? So we can keep out the Windoze riff-raff?
It should be possible to achieve both elegance and simplicity. Linux is
already powerful. If Gnome has the opportunity to make it simple and
straightforward to configure and use, without sacrificing that power, it
should do so. Failing to do so can only hurt us in the long run.

Bob   rwsmith@cnw.com
(If I had the time to pick up programming, I'd help. since I don't, I'll
re-lurk)