Re: Wishing I could cancel that last e-mail.

jason@whizzird.net wrote:

> it's looking for the files errno.h (a collection of #define'd error codes),
> sigcontext.h(??), and sockets.h (networking #define's).
> i have all three files in '/usr/src/linux-2.2.5/include/asm-i386' on my
> machine. try finding them on your machine and (if you're adventurous) redirect
> the header files to the asm-xxx dir on your machine.
> i just checked my '/usr/src/linux-2.2.5/include/linux/errno.h' and it includes
> the same file. and there's no asm dir on my system.
> if you want to try it just change the asm to asm-<your-architecture> in the
> #include, assuming your asm-xxx dir is in a searched include dir.

okay...I did that...and now it's telling me it can't find a different
file.
I'm thinking of packing it all in and wiping the system clean and
re-setting it up.
any thoughts?  (i.e. is this a really bad idea, completely unnecessary,
or just something you do every once in a while?)

--
- The Hitchhiker

"The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false.  The opposite of a
great truth is also true."
				-Neils Bohr