Re: Cool MPEG player for GNOME?

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Matt Harrell wrote:

->Hello,
->
->I recently installed the latest GNOME on my Red Hat 5.1 system.  I
->noticed, on some of the pictures of themes that I saw, a cool looking
->MPEG player.  The interface was circular with a neat, shaded gray
->boarder.  I don't remember what it was called (I thought it was part of
->the GNOME package, so I didn't pay much attention).  However, I haven't
->been able to find it.  I found a QT-based front end to mpg123 called
->xmp3player, but that's it.  Is there a GNOME/gtk front end to that
->program somewhere?  I liked the look of it a lot, and would like to
->install it.  If there is a mailing list where this question would be
->more appropriate, please let me know.

Pretty sure the player you saw was gqmpeg, a front end to mpg123. It is
themeable, and the grey circle is one of the many themes available for it
- there are better ones.

Go to http://gqview.netpedia.net/mpeg-over.html and download it. Don't
forget to download the themes - IMHO the default one is sucky!

If you use enlightenment with gnome, check out Empg123 also. The url is
http://dragon.acadiau.ca/~015940b/escripts/ (did some work on that one
myself).

Tom.

   | Tom Gilbert, England                        pingu@linuxfreak.com |
   | www.tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk    tom@tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk |
   | Sites to Visit:                |    .~.                          |
   |     www.freshmeat.net          |    /V\        L  I  N  U  X     |
   |     www.gnome.org              |   // \\   >Beware the Penguin<  |
   |     www.enlightenment.org      |  /(   )\                        |
   |     themes.org                 |   ^^-^^      www.linux.com      |