Re: Cool MPEG player for GNOME?

James Green wrote:

> Two possibilities here:
>
> 1. mpg123 (the backend process) with GQMpeg front-end. Can be seen in
> screenshots as circular, etc. IME it suffers from skipping when the
> machine is under heavy load.

I have found this to be as skip free as X11Amp.  I can rip 2 CDs at the
same time (loadavg of ~3.2) and listen to skipfree .mp3s.  I set my
buffer
at 1024K though.  I also noticed an improvement going to the 2.2.x
kernels,
the sound is a little better.  When esd is running I sometimes have
problems
with speed,  as in if the load gets higher the sound slows down.  Make
sure
you download some skins, the default skin is pretty damn ugly.

--
James Collins                                   ICQ#-5354525
Ah, sweet pity: where would my love life have been without it?