Basic Questions

Hi-

I have a few basic questions that have been gnawing at me from
time-to-time:

    [1] Is it possible to use remote calendar files?  I use the Gnome
        calendar at work, but I don't know how to use the same one
        remotely at home (short of FTP'ing the files back and forth).

    [2] I use (an admittedly crufty) emacs mail system (MH-e) which I
        have to use remotely.  Is there a way to get the `Mail check'
        applet to run on a remote host, or to have it check a remote
        mail file?

        Thanks for any help,

            -Fred