Re: Raising windows from the Gnome Pager

Richard:

> When I click on the panel, the window gets the focus just fine, but it
> won't raise to the top if it's partially or completely covered by another
> window.  I find this rather annoying, but I can't seem to find a setting
> for it in either the Gnome or the Enlightenment configuration options
> anywhere.
>
> The Auto Raise After x Seconds and the Alt-Tab focus change raising work
> just fine.  It's just the pager buttons that won't raise the windows.

I had the same problem previously. Take a look at:

ftp://ftp.inconnect.com/pub/unix/linux/redhat-6.0/contrib-updates/

Dax Kelson has been kind enough to make updated RH 6.0 Gnome RPM's. I
can't remember which one fixed the focus problem (either gnome-core or
gnome-libs), but the focus problem has been fixed and using the new
RPM's, Gnome is much more stable.

There are many updated RPM's at Dax's site. I hope this helps.

--
Dave Lewis
Portland, OR