Raising windows from the Gnome Pager

Hi everybody!

My name is Rich Demanowski, and I'm a *VERY* new Gnome user.  I just
recently installed it, along with Enlightenment, from the Red Hat 6.0
Linux distribution.  I was previously using Red Hat 4.2, with vanilla
XFree86 and FVWM (the original, not FVWM2).  At any rate, I lost my hard
disk, and decided to use a newer Linux along with the new drive.

I just barely subscribed to the list, so please bear with me if I'm asking
a question that's already been beaten to death.  I've been through both
the Gnome and Enlightenment web sites looking for references to this, and
haven't been able to find any, so here goes:

	How do I get windows on the desktop to "raise" when I click on
	their icon/button in the Gnome Pager on the panel?

When I click on the panel, the window gets the focus just fine, but it
won't raise to the top if it's partially or completely covered by another
window.  I find this rather annoying, but I can't seem to find a setting
for it in either the Gnome or the Enlightenment configuration options
anywhere.

The Auto Raise After x Seconds and the Alt-Tab focus change raising work
just fine.  It's just the pager buttons that won't raise the windows.

So I guess my questions are these:
	1 -- Is there a setting for this that I'm overlooking?
	2 -- Is this an intentional behaviour?
	3 -- Is this a Gnome issue, (x?)or an Enlightenment one?

Thank you for your time,
RichD
--
            rdemanow@wasatch.com (finger for PGP public key)