Re: Some Thoughts/Rewrite of specs

> The other advantages are:
>
> - speed boost (no shaped windows necessary).
> - desktop is focusable, and can be navigated by keyboard
> - clicks trough transparent parts of icons/text could be cleanly
> detected!
> - simpler code
> - proper alpha channel support for PNG icons could be done.

Can anybody explain to me why we use xpm for icons?  As for PNG icons, I'm
not sure, png files can take up a lo to space.  It would be nice if we
came up with an icon format or if there is a public standard for icon
formats.   Does anybody know of one?

I'm not sure on the Mac, but on the Amiga, a .info file would take up
about 3K average and it could take up two images for normal state and
selection state.  (Of course this begs the question, whats wrong with xpm
format since those are about equivalent right?)

My two cents.

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/