Re: A proposaly type thing

> 2) It would probably be based on  mime types.

This is a pet peeve of mine.  I really hate the idea that Unix like
operating system do such a poor job of figuring out what type of file is
in the operating system.  It would be nice if we had filesystem support
for these sort of things.  But with GNOME's charter to work with all
flavors of Unix, this would be hard.  I hope that we can abstract this
layer so that we can use special features of the OS we are using GNOME on.

Out of curiosity does anybody know how BeOS handles mime types?

> Please contribute ideas, comments, anything helpful. Try not to flame
> me. I am the worlds best coder and I may have missed many important
> technical details.

If you're the world's best coder you shouldn't be missing important
technical details. ;) <grin>

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/