Re: Device icons in Redhat 6.0

I had a similar problem...and I believe the business about right-clicking an empty
area of the desktop is an error in the documentation (cuz it sure doesn't seem to
be there). Anyway, if you just make a soft link on your desktop to /dev/cdrom or
whatever and then change the icon appropriately gmc seems to recognize that it is
a device and gives you all the desired mount/unmount options...

It seems to be a perfectly reasonable approach except that the documentation
included with RH6.0 kind of steers you in other directions... (or maybe I'm doing
it wrong...;-)

jon