Re: Another GMC request...

+++ Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 02:19:31PM -0400 +++
Ben Frantzdale e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> I remember the first time I saw MacOS8. I don't particularly like the
> MacOS, but one cool feature was this: if you drag a file over a folder and
> wait for a second, the folder is opened, allowing the user to drag and
> drop a file to anywhere without opening the destination first.
>
> This makes the traditional drag and drop/folder analogy look like this: To
> move a piece of paper (real world now) from one folder to another I'd have
> to find where it is, then find where I want to put it, then, with both
> folders open, move the piece of paper. Obviously in real life, one would
> take the piecc of paper ou (drag) then find where it is going and put it
> there.)
>
> This would be especially usefull in GMC because (unlike mac and win I
> think) GMC shows a ".." directory, so one could coppy a file from
> /abc/def/ghi/ to /abc/def/xyz/ in one drag by opening the /abc/def/ghi/
> directory and draging the file to ".." then to "xyz"

This one gets my frenetic applause and full support as I would
absolutely love it and it's probably easy to implement using GTK+
timeouts.

The timeout could be configurable as well as the whole
popup-on-timeout behaviour.

mawa
--
Actually, the fun thing about playing the piano is that you can walk
around in town with a Henle Urtext score, showing off, and feeling