Resetting console terminal after GDM

Good evening all -

I posted this before concerning mingetty and gdm. But i need an answer
if anyone has one. My problem first began when i fired up gdm on the
linux server for the MAC on our LAN to connect to it using MacX. All
went well except when gdm shut down and i no longer had my normal
consoles. I can login fine on any of the virtual consoles (f1-f8)
however i cannot see anything, but i know i am connecting cause a remote
telnet sessions' "who" shows me on. Any one have any ideas? I can get
gnome running and see all that FINE, but no video in straight console
mode.

Any ideas would be MOST welcome. Thanks in advance.
--
Michael B. Weiner
Systems Administrator/Partner

     * * * CHOICE OF A GNU GENERATION * * *