Resetting console terminal after GDM

Are you sure its not just your console video being scrambled by X. My
laptop does this whenever I quit X I can't see anything. If you reset
the video it all comes back. Try typing `setfont' as this should
reinitialise the video (works for me). Mind you if your console isnt
logged in then you will have to enter a username and passsword blind
first.

PS If anyome knows where I can add the command `setfont' so it gets
run automatically when I quit X or change to a virtual console I would
be most gratefull.

Pat