xscreensaver hangs Linux

I have the following xscreensaver installed:

	xscreensaver-3.12-1

If you let it go long enough, it will hang the system.  The only out
is to push the reset button.  It happened twice.  It was in default mode,
meaning random selection after 20 minutes.

Yesterday I turned it off and the system hangs hung.  The system wasn't
touch for longer than the last time it frooze.

Is thing a gnome problem or does it need to be reported elsewhere?

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@cm.nu
        [Where do you think Microsoft would be today if they waited]