RE: xscreensaver hangs Linux

On 02-Jun-99 Vidiot wrote:
> I have the following xscreensaver installed:
>
>       xscreensaver-3.12-1
>
> If you let it go long enough, it will hang the system.  The only out
> is to push the reset button.  It happened twice.  It was in default mode,
> meaning random selection after 20 minutes.
>
> Yesterday I turned it off and the system hangs hung.  The system wasn't
> touch for longer than the last time it frooze.

I have the same problem:
I use RedHat 6.0 with updates RPMS from ftp.inconnect.com/

I use xscreensaver with the random option, lock with password, 20 mn delay.
I let my computer all the night with the screensaver running, and in the
morning, I was able to deactivate the screensaver, but my linux box was
frozen...
The only thing I was able to do was a "hard reset"...
E-Mail: Xavier Nicolovici <nicolovi@club-internet.fr>
Web: http://perso.club-internet.fr/nicolovi
Date: 03-Jun-99
Time: 13:39:30

This message was sent by XFMail under RedHat Linux 6.0