.xinit

Hi everyone,

I'm running GNOME and E from the RH6.0 CD.

I read about the .xinit file where you put things like terminals and
the like for startup.  I tried this and either e or gnome didn't like
this..

Do I use a .xinit or not for this combination (GNOME and E).

I'd really like a console that tails the /var/log/messages, but as yet
have not been able to figure out how to do this using the .xinit.

Thanks,
Pete

In a world with out fences, who needs Gates?