Re: Maintainer of German translations

+++ Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 01:13:55PM +0200 +++
Karl Eichwalder e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> writes:
>
> |   However let me once again take the opportunity to plug the Free
> |   Translation Project.  We could work with them.  THey have
> |   infrastructure to deal with this sort of thing.
>
> Yes, you're welcome!  E.g., start reading at the address
>
>     http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/po/HTML/teams.html
>
> That's the german page:
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/po/HTML/team-de.html and we're using

I haven't had a look at the page or subscribed the list yet, but what
I wonder is whether having the Gnome translations done via such a
translation team would mean that people which are unfamiliar with the
project would do .po file translations.

I mean, there are already enough differences between Karsten and me...
BTW, Karsten has cobbled up a German .po file with messages that are
common to many programs. I will review it, we will work it into some
usable state, and finally we will be able to do a lot of the initial
translation work on an application by simply merging the common .po
file in.

Maybe we could create a CVS module for such translation catalogs?
Other locales could deposit theirs there, too.

mawa
--
[...] Define two derived classes called man and woman that define
gender specific items. Write pure virtual functions in the base class