A problem about GMC's dragging geometry on desktop.

Dear Sir,
    First of all, sorry if this was discussed (If it was, it would be
nice if someone
can guide me out the result of the discussion)
    I am using Window Maker and have a problem when I try to have both
icons and windows selection at the same time. Window Maker has no choice

so it uses left button to drag on root desktop to select a group of
windows
and other mouse buttons are already binded to some important functions.
And while GMC already use the first mouse button to select icons on
desktop
then it is not possible now to enable both windows selection and icons
selection
at the same time. IMHO, it would be nice  for left mouse dragging
to be able to select both. Theses are my suggestions and quesitons,
1. Is it good to allow GMC to recieve some way else to make region
selection?
For example, a hint from WM to tell GMC  about the geometry of region.
(compare this concept with KFM/KWM's way)
2. GMC give the hint out by itself so WM can take it and so it knows
which
window should be selected.
If any of my suggestions is available in GMC then Window Maker will be
able
to follow the GMC's way it its development and so GNOME and Window Maker

will cooperate perfectly.
Anyway, I am sorry about my english if it sound impolite or hard to
understand
but that's just because it is not I am not a native speaker.
Best regards,
]d