IDEA: html editor in tree

Hi, everyone

Every advanced webmaster knows when it's come to build webpage
nothing better than hand coding.

Anyway if you sloppy like me, you often miss the ">"
or you forget the tag attibute. So I come out with this idea

Think html tag as tree where the biggest root is <HTML> with
two big branch the <HEAD> and the <BODY>. And the <BODY> have
another branch like <TABLE> and so on.

Get the idea?

Here the proposed UI

+---------------------------------+
| Toolbar for cut, copy, paste etc|
|---------------------------------|
|======v| + HTML                  |
| --+-- | |+ HEAD                 |
| --+-- | ||+ TITLE               |
| --+-- | | |+ Some Title         |
| --+-- | |+ BODY                 |
| --+-- |  |+ P                   |
| --+-- |  ||+ Some Paragraph     |
| --+-- |  |+ TABLE BORDER=2      |
+---------------------------------+

On the left section you have pick list for the tag
and two column grid for the attributes. The grid
will look and act like properties dialog in Windows
Visual IDE (you could fill attribute from edit box,
pick list or dialogs)

On right section you have tree where you can expand
or collapse and some tree operation like:
o Cut, Copy & Paste
o Increase or Decrease Level
o Up and Down position

You could edit the tree content directly, this is
useful for adding big text entry, like code for example.
Or for typing it if you want faster editing.

If the ideas implemented in the *right* way we could
extend this app to not only edit HTML but for XML,
SGML, Latex Editor and code reviewer or editor for anything
that has begin and end delimeter.

It could be nice code reviewer because you're not confuse
with braces (where this if end) and you could hide (collapse)
the code you don't want to see or see it in higher level.

Well what do you think?
Would you make the app?

If I could code C and GTK I would make it my self,
but I can't so it's up to you to make it.

--
"An idea is nothing without implementation"
Zakaria <zak@telkom.net>