Re: can't get glade to compile!

Bob P wrote:

> Jamin Philip Gray wrote:
>
> >  here's the error:
>
> >  aclocal: configure.in: 12: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL'
> not found in
> >  library
> >  make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1
>
> >  Any ideas?
>
> First of all, it's hard to tell, because you didn't
> give a version number.  I'm assuming you're using
> version
> 5.0 with the patch, because i ran into the same
> problem.  It'll compile fine without the patch, which
> is
> what i did.  If anyone has managed to get the patched
> version 5.0 working, please tell how.

Yes, its a problem with the patch to Glade 0.5.0.
(The patch updates configure.in, and aclocal.m4 'depends' on that,
so the Makefile tries to regenerate aclocal.m4. But you need all
the development stuff to do this.)

If you unpack Glade 0.5.0, apply the patch, and then do
'touch aclocal.m4' I think it should build OK.

Does anyone know of a general solution to this problem?
Or are patches useless when you're using autoconf/automake??

Damon