Re: Too many panels... can't use users-guide

Hi there,

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 07:09:55PM -0700 or thereabouts, Darren Schreiber wrote:

> I have recently installed R5 of LinuxPPC on my Mac G3.  I was just touring
> around

 :)

> 1.  How do I remove panels and other things from the menu list at the
> bottom of the screen?

Well, you should simply be able to right-click (no other keys necessary,
and assuming you haven't set your mouse left-handed in your touring :))
on the little icons on the panel. (I am guessing that what you call
menu list is what gnome calls the panel. Long grey thing across the bottom,
with little squares you click on...) Then you get a choice of options, one
of which is 'remove'.

> 2.  Next problem, I get an "error loading document   ghelp: users-guide"
> error when I try to select the users guide from the help window.  How do I
> fix this?

Ah, I know this one because it happened to me. You need to find this rpm
and install it:

gnome-users-guide-1.0.5-4rh.noarch.rpm

(Or at least, that's what I did. There may be a ppc version, too. You
can get it off the CD you installed from, or the same place on the net
that you found the rest.)

Telsa