Re: GMC not saving icon layout

Rabid Rubber Chicken wrote:

> Since I upgraded to gnome-core-1.0.6 from rawhide.redhat.com On my RedHat 6.0
> laptop GMC now seems to randomly switch the icons around on my desktop.  If I
> exit and log back into X four times I will get my icons arranged in four
> different ways, sometimes with icons overlapping others.  Here is what I have
> tried thus far:

It's more fun than this. The rubber band seems to remember the layout.
If I rubberband around one icon the one that *should* be there is the
one that gets highlighted. Start at the bottom select your way up with
the band and you see everything highlight in the order it should be
displayed. I had a small giggle fit when I saw this.

--
Harold