Re: Shutdown/Reboot menu after clicking logout?

jasta writes:
>However, I was instructed that these changes were dropped by the GNOME people (why, I don't know, those were the best features of session...)...Unfortunately you basically just have to use the RPMs by RedHat because they're the ones who hacked that
>  much.  Right now I am working on getting the source for the gnome-core that came w/ my RedHat 6 box and reintroducing that code into GNOME because I think it should have been implemented in the first place...

One reason might be that that code is useless without pam_console, which is
currently only implemented on Red Hat Linux 6.0, and the Red Hat usermode
tools.  Any distribution is free to use them, but AFAIK they haven't yet.
FWIW...

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/