Re: Shutdown/Reboot menu after clicking logout?

On Mon, 05 Jul 1999 20:56:09 Harry Henry Gebel wrote:
> > on a RedHat 6.0 system I saw this cool thing: When you log out, the user
> > gets a dialog where he can choose  to just log out, halt the machine or
> > reboot the machine. Where can I enable this on my SuSE 6.0?
> > My gnome system:
> > gnome-libs 1.0.11
> > gnome-core 1.0.7
>
> You need to put a line ShutdownMenu = 1 in the [system] section of
> gdm.conf .

I have this same question but that ShutdownMenu = 1 is unrelated to what he was talking about.  He's talking while in a gnome-session, when you goto the Logout dialog it says "Are you sure?" bla bla, and there is a radio selection for "Logout", "Reboot", "Shutdown", and a checkbox for "Save session".

However, I was instructed that these changes were dropped by the GNOME people (why, I don't know, those were the best features of session...)...Unfortunately you basically just have to use the RPMs by RedHat because they're the ones who hacked that much.  Right now I am working on getting the source for the gnome-core that came w/ my RedHat 6 box and reintroducing that code into GNOME because I think it should have been implemented in the first place...