locale related bug in font selector

For a while I did not understand what is going on. The font selector
in gnome was working on one of my machines and did not work on
another.  Now I know for sure that there is no problem as long as you
are using default locale. When I am switching system to "ru" locale
gfontselect and any other program that use font selector segfaults on
any action in the font selection widget with tehmessage:

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkim.c: line 1181 (gdk_ic_get_attr): assertion `ic != NULL' failed.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

 Is it a known bug?

A while ago I posted a stack  backtrace to the gnome list. I can do it again.

   Sergey Panov