Re: gtcd bug
- From: "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm redhat com>
- To: gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gtcd bug
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:05:04 -0500
Erik Andersen writes:
>I bet you ejected via the cdrom eject button, not from gtcd, right?
Wrong. I only used the eject button in gtcd, never the physical button
on the drive. This bug is absolutely 100% repeatable. Here's the
sequence of events:
1) put in CD, play it
2) CD finishes
3) I press gtcd's eject button
Now gtcd correctly knows that there is no CD in the unit, and
says so on its display.
4) I remove CD from drive
5) I put new CD in drive
6) I close CD drawer (physically, because the eject button will
not suck the drive closed)
7) gtcd knows that a disk has been added, because the state goes
from no disk in drive to a display. Unfortunately, it is always,
without fail, convinced that it is the old CD.
8) I quit and restart gtcd, at which point it discovers the new disk.
"Magazines all too frequently lead to books and should be regarded by the
prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz
Linux Application Development http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/
] [Thread Prev