Re: Full release of gnome (1.0)?

Mike Stoddart wrote:

> Any ideas of when Gnome 1.0 full release might appear?  I'm waiting for
> an easier install process (ie no hunting round rpm-ing individual
> rpms).  But I have to congratulate the developers - it is far better
> than I thought it would be.  A little memory hungry on my machine, but
> still excellent stuff.
>
> Im currently using Windowmaker 0.50.2.  How do I configure gnome to log
> out the window manager as well as itself.  When I log out using the
> gnome panel, Im still left in the window manager.
>
> thanks
> mike

Change this (in .Xclients or .xinitrc):

panel & [or gnome-session &]
exec wmaker

to this:

wmaker &
exec gnome-session

You probably need to run the background-properties, keyboard-properties,
and mouse-properties above the wmaker line, but I can't rememeber the
exact syntax.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "All animals are equal, some animals