re: Full release of gnome (1.0)?

Any ideas of when Gnome 1.0 full release might appear?  I'm waiting for
an easier install process (ie no hunting round rpm-ing individual
rpms).  But I have to congratulate the developers - it is far better
than I thought it would be.  A little memory hungry on my machine, but
still excellent stuff.

Im currently using Windowmaker 0.50.2.  How do I configure gnome to log
out the window manager as well as itself.  When I log out using the
gnome panel, Im still left in the window manager.

thanks
mike