Re: Volunteer for developement of presentation tools

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 05:50:42AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   I remember seeing post on gnome-list or gnome-hackers about the development
> of a powerpoint like Gnome tool. I guess that's a good opportunity to
> try to get the support for a non-MS standardized format.

cvs -z3 co achtung

:)

it's a bit rough around the edges ... it doesn't actually do much more
then the basic "engine" ... it can already save and read files (using
gnome-xml)...  if the format is close enough to the internal structure
of achtung (not much is defined now specifically) ... it should be
quite simple to have achtung use that format for it's primary
format

as for the canvas side of things, we're basically kind of waiting until
ezpaint is done and then we can just use ezpaint for the editting
capabilities ... (well we're not really waiting, we're busy doing
other things, but we need to blame it on something)

since most editting will be done by ezpaint, and the rendering is
mostly handeled very cleanly by the canvas (as will be the printing)
I think that once works starts on achtung again, we can have a very
usable presentation tool in a couple of months

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: