Re: Problems+Patch for GtkICQ

GtkICQ began back in June of 1998, when the only version for Linux was the
Java version.  I found that that version was dog-slow, took up 30-40MB of
my RAM, and lacked many of the features I wanted.  So I wrote GtkICQ...

I haven't been tracking Mirabilis enough to know if they've released their
X version, but it'd probably be a static-linked Motif binary that abuses
my system like their Java version did.

Hope that clears up some confusion.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Wise

P.S.  I also did it to learn network programming, Gtk+ and Gnome
programming.  It's successful there if for nothing else :-)

| Jeremy Wise                                God rules.          |
| jwise@pathwaynet.com                       Always has,         |
| ICQ #4664755                               Always will.        |
| http://www.pathwaynet.com/~jwise           Hope you know Him!  |