Re: ORBit compilation: unexpected token(s)

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, dsb3 wrote:

>When running:
>./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome --with-gtk-prefix=/opt/gnome
>I get the following at the end of the screenful of information:
>
>-------
>configure.in:203: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
>cross compiling
>processing libIDL
>You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
>`aclocal.m4'.
>aclocal: configure.in: 33: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library
>autoconf: Undefined macros:
>configure.in:12:AC_CPP_ACCEPT_IDL
>configure.in:16:AC_CPP_PIPE_STDIN
>Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --prefix=/opt/gnome
>--with-gtk-prefix=/opt/gnome
>./configure: syntax error near unexpected token
>`AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'
>./configure: ./configure: line 573: `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'
>
>Now type 'make' to compile ORBit.
>
>-------------

Well, if anyone else has run into this same problem I seem to have fixed
it.  The solution was one of two things:

1) I had imlib and imlib-devel RPMs still installed.  This caused imlib.m4
to be in /usr/share/aclocal which could have been conflicting with my m4
files in /opt/gnome/share/aclocal

2) I had my ACLOCAL_FLAGS variable set to "-I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal"
and not "-I /opt/gnome/share/aclocal/" (note trailing slash).

-dave

--

   |     oOOooO           /  dsb3@earthlink.net
 --|    oOobodoO        /
 --|     ooOoOo       /    ... did you exchange