Re: Compile problems libgtop

On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 11:36:12AM +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:
> Rebecca Ore <rebecca.ore@op.net> writes:
>
> > checking for linux/version.h... no
> > ./configure: dc: command not found
>
> Ah, `dc' was not found and so it fails to set GLIBTOP_LINUX_VERSION_CODE
> from the running system.

Smells like upgrade time to me as I'm sure I have the header package for
.35 kernel (or nothing would be compiling).  Oh, well, I should be home
in a couple hours).  We can see how it goes from there.

I still say "death in config is a developer's friend."

> No. Just tested this with RedHat 5.2 - it does not need a built kernel,
> it only requires
>
> 	kernel-2.0.36-0.7
> 	kernel-headers-2.0.36-0.7
>
> Normally <linux/version.h> is created during kernel configuration, but it
> is included in the `kernel-headers-2.0.36-0.7' RPM from RedHat 5.2 - I don't
> know it this is also the case for kernel 2.0.35.
>
> However, this should work for 2.0.35:
>
> #define UTS_RELEASE "2.0.35"
> #define LINUX_VERSION_CODE 131107

If I try that and it doesn't work, I'll still have to download the new
kernel packages.  Where would I put those lines?  I'm betting it bombs
anyway.  What's the difference in code between this and .30?  0.30
worked with this kernel as is.  I'll run a verification on my
kernel-headers package.  If nothing is missing, then tell me where to
put those lines and I'll run another attempt before upgrading the kernel
after it bombs.

--
Rebecca Ore
Creativity is playing with the rule sets